Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Happy Birthday Hannah

On the fourth of June, my beautiful little girl turned two. I can't believe it. I waited for seven years for this lovely one. The whole time I was pregnant I thought my body was playing a huge cosmic joke on me. Hannah was due on the 28th, of May. So, when the time came and went, I thought in my mind that it was proof. I went to the Doctor on the 28th, and he said wait a week. I was soo disappointed. I wanted to see her, to have proof that she was a real thing. Finally on the 2nd of June I went back. The doctor said I had 2 options. I could wait until she decided it was time to come( to which I was already shaking my head at). Or we could induce, then he had the nerve to ask when I would like to plan it. I said is now a good time? I was decided that I would go into the hospital the next night and be induced in the morning. My sister went in with me. I couldn't sleep at all, well honestly could you? Besides in my mind, the bed was horrible uncomfortable, it made my back hurt. They had put the gel on my cervix but I didn't think anything about it. The next morning, the nurse came in and ask how my night was. I told her that I couldn't sleep besides the bed was uncomfortable. She looked and my machine and said."Well, honey you've been having contractions all night long." Oh so maybe it wasn't the bed. They began the medicine at seven in the morning. They couldn't seem to get my water broke. The tool didn't work. The doctor had to pinch it to get it to break. I should have known then that she was going to be stubborn. I had one epi, and then I started hurting so they gave me another. I couldn't even move my toes. I remember looking at them and willing them to move and nothing happened. My mom was on one side and my sister was on the other. They had to hold my legs up, cause I certainly couldn't. The doctor kept telling me to push, and I tried. I swear I did, but I couldn't feel anything. I kept saying I hope I'm doing this right cause I can't feel anything. Hannah was of course being stubborn as usual. She just wasn't coming out. I was falling asleep between contraction. You see my uterus, is tilted backwards, the docs all assure me that when the baby got bigger she would tilt it right for me. She didn't. My sister finally looked at the doc and said "Do you got a plunger up something??" To which the doc replied, "No, but I got a vacuum" Jeannette said "Well, fire it up doc, we ain't getting no where like this" And so my beautiful girl was sucked into the world. The first thing I said when I saw her for the first time was "MY GOD, she's real!" She is beautiful, stubborn and so much the diva. What would I do with out my Hannah.

No comments: