Friday, March 31, 2006

Grateful but Sad

For those few that read this blog, you have heard me mention that my family owns an archery shop. My father got into archery about 15 years ago. He decided that he wanted to own his own shop. After much planning he built it about 15 feet from the house that i grew up in and my parents still live in. I love indoor archery. I have had many hours of enjoyment in the shop and met many great friends.
I got a call last night about 10pm. The shop was burning. By the time I got there it was gone. No one was hurt, My parents house (which was on one side) and my Sister & Brother-in- laws house (which was on the other) was not damaged in any way.
My sister and brother-in-law had just a year ago bought the business from my dad because he wanted to retire again. Their Yukon that was sitting out front burnt too, and their Harley that was inside, and the 4 wheeler. It's all gone. I'm grateful no one was hurt and houses weren't damaged. But that shop was like a member of the family. I mourn.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, Jerri Ann.