Tuesday, January 10, 2006

And how was your maternity Leave?

Well, I'm back to work. Dang it is quiet at an office without my two girls. Let's see, I know it felt like I fell off the end of the earth. I don't have internet at home, so it's either work or my sisters. What do I start with.
My preganacy with Phoebe was much harder than Hannah. The doctors finally decided that the reason I was so sick in July was from gall stones. Personanly I think they guessed. On the ninth of November I started feeling wozy and sick. I also had some swelling in my hands that I hadn't had before. So, I called the Doc's office and they told me to come into the hospital for stress test. They ended up keeping me in over night. The baby was fine but my liver functions were working twice the normal level (in July they it was working at 4 and 5 times). It was then that the Doc asked if I wanted to induce her. Which worked for me. We decided that Monday the 14th would be a good day. Tommy and I went in that morning. They had told me that they were going to induce me at 7 o'clock so be early. We got there at 6:13am I went up to the floor where I was informed that I was late? The nurses had been told they would induce at 6am. Oppps. I was told that Phoebe would come quicker because she was my 2nd. Hannah had taken 12 hours, the doc was expecting Phoebe here in 3 or 4. Then the wait began. I had been warned that if the induction didn't work, I would be sent home to try again another day. I was hoping that wouldn't happen. Talk about anticlimactic. My mom and sister showed up around 7:30am. In the hospital I was at they are redoing the maternity ward. I was in an ICU room, which was the size of a bathroom. So it was pretty full. I had my aunt and cousin, and my brother show up during the day. I wasn't dilating very well soo, they were thinking that I might have to wait. It was about noon when I just kept leaking. Do you know how embarrassed you feeling when you keep peeing the bed. I'm thinking gee whizz, during the pregnacy it was bad but now I have no control. I finally said something to my mom. She said she thought that I was my water breaking. I said "Mom, this has been going on for HOURS, their can't be that much water." I got the nurse to check and it was. The thing was it went on for Hours more. I began to think that I was a camel and my hump in the middle was all water and no baby.
I had decided before to wait awhile on the pain meds, with Hannah I had them right off and then couldn't feel how to push. So, I got on shot, and it was wonderful, the nurse warned me though that the second of the same medicine wouldn't work well the second time. Then I started feeling the pain. I finally asked for a Epidural... Which didn't work... Sometime in the pain I saw that my brother came in the room . Poor guy, he didn't stay long, and beat feet out of there quick. We were finally ready to go. All I can remember thinking is, the harder I push the quicker I have Phoebe and the sooner the pain will stop. I think I pushed 5 times, I was ready to get this done
Phoebe was born at 7 p.m. and was 7lbs. Hannah my first was born at 7 p.m. and was 7lbs too.
Phoebe was just 2 inches shorter than her sister.

The next day I had my tubes tied. Two of my diva daughters are all this world can handle. And trust me Diva drama queen does not begin to describe my Hannah. Phoebe is getting there too. When I went in the nurse that was prepping me looked and me and said "Well, bless your heart, you were working hard yesterday weren't you." I look up questioningly she said "You have blood vessels busted all over you neck and shoulders."
So ends episode one. Until next time... Same Batty time .. Same Batty channel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey that is awesome! I pushed for two hours w/o epi and I"m telling you, I never did figure out HOW to do it. I'm telling you it isn't instinct. Weird I think but the nurse kept laughing at me and saying, no you gotta push, I think I was just pretending or some shit. Anyway, congrats to you and that picture still blows me away!

Jerri Ann too
www.acracknlife.squarespace.com