Monday, June 28, 2010

Grief


It is a sad night at our house. Now I can't sleep. One of our family cats died. Tommy thought it was strange when she didn't come eat, but I had just seen her asleep in the bedroom. Then when we went to bed we found her. Ohhh tommorrow is not going to be good. Her name was simply Baby. She was Tommy's favorite. He is devasted. I am awake. I probably will be all night. This is the first pet I will have to bury. My girls are going to be devasted. She was such a good cat. Loving, patient, and kind. My heart hurts for my girls. I'm not sure what happened she was just fine, in no pain that I could tell. I don't know, why she died. Now I am grieving, I know I won't sleep much if any.

1 comment:

P. Quijada said...

My condolences and sympathies, JerriAnn. I adore cats--they have been a daily part of my life since I was five. I just put my beloved calico "Maddy" down last week. She was only 7 but 3 weeks ago she got listless and finally wouldn't eat or drink. We spent $1300 on veterinarian bills and she started to rally than slipped back. It turned out to be cancer. My wife and I miss her more than I thought possible of myself. I can't imagine what it is like for your children. I was a teenager already before I lost a family pet.