Sunday, February 19, 2006

So...What did you do this weekend?



Thursday night around 11 p.m. Hannah woke up with a fever. Not anything too serious 100.5 but she had, less than a year ago, a febral sezire when her fever spiked. So, i was nervous. I call the doctor they said to just give her Tylenol, and i did. She slept the rest of the night and didn't feel too warm, so i gave her more in the morning and took her to the babysitter. In the process of getting up and down in the night i had lost my contact somewhere in my eye and couldn't get it out. So i went at my lunch hour to the eye doctor to get it out. It took the doc, about 15 minutes to get it out, now my eye is bruised but not scratched, so no contacts for a few days.
I get back to the office and i'm told immediately to call my sister, my daughter had had a seizure at the babysitters. Fabulouss!! The EMT had taken her temperature then, three different ways and it was only a 100. something. So, i called her doctors office. They couldn't get her in, take her to the urgent care. SO, i leave work drive to get her, trying my best not to speed too bad.
My babysitter opened the door and said, "I never want to go through that again." Unfortunately, her 12 year old son was home sick from school that day too, he was terrified.
SO, i picked up the girls and drove to the urgent care clinic, and filled out all the paper work just for them to tell me that they don't treat that take her to the ER. Sooooo, i'm off, 2 year old, 3 month old and all their stuff to the ER.
At the ER they took Hannah's temperature again. It was 101.8 so we head to a room. In the room, i put the carseat up with Phoebe in it on the end of the bed and get up in the bed with Hannah. They had to take a blood test so i put Hannah between my legs and layed her back
against my chest. That was where we were after the blood test, when my mother came in. She picked up Phoebe to love on her. Mom and i were talking, and talking to Hannah, then she got quiet. And then... she had another seizure. Mom ran for the nurses and i held my daughter assuring her i was there and she would be alright. The room filled up with nurses, and one doc.
The little country hospital we have does not have a pediatic neorologist. So, the called out to indianapols to get us a room at one of the bigger hospitals. We took a ride in an abulance out to indy, it's about 40 minutes away. At least, they didn't have to have the lights and sirens on. Hannah talked to me and the EMT for part of the way and then fell asleep for the last half. On the way there she asked "Moma, you sleep wiff me??" and i of course said yes. When we got to the hospital, they put her in one of the cage beds. I'm eyeing that thing, thinking i'm going to look reaally funny, all scrunched up in that cage, but you better believe i would be doing it. Thankfully, one of the nurses ask if i wanted a big bed so i could sleep with her. We spent the night there, they came in at 2am to take Hannah's vitals and her temperature was 103.7 but no more seizures. She had a IV, and 3 monitors on her chest and one hooked on her toe. she was released at 5 p.m. Saturday. And Your weekend?????

1 comment:

Carrie said...

You win, you win! The stomach flu at our house doesn't hold a candle to your weekend! Hope Hannah gets to feeling better soon!