Thursday, March 24, 2005

a shiner for Easter

well, hello, you'll never guess what my 21 month old is getting for Easter. That's right a shiner. I should have known. We have a saying in my family. "Murphy loves us, and Fate hates us!"

It was a pretty good day. I was feeling good. I'm almost into that new, old house. So, i tell my boyfriend. You are taking us out to eat. And being the delightful person that he is. (no reallly honestly) he only turned down 6 or 7 ideas before we settled on one. The food was pretty good. So, Tommy goes up to pay and i set my daugher down out of the high chair. She then proceededs to fall head first, well face first. Her fall was broken though by the side of a chair leg. She's crying and i pick her up and her eye is already swelling not a second after she falls. (Guilt bigg bigg guilt) So we head home for some ice, and tylenol. It didn't seem to bother her much then but now she is waking up crying in her sleep. She is so pitiful, and i of course can't sleep. I had her in my bed but then i was afraid she would tumble out. You know and hit the other eye. She looks like a prize fighter at the moment, eye swollen, not shut just at the top outer corner, like just before they stop a fight. Ok Ok i throw in the towel already.

No comments: